Monday, May 2, 2011

The Black Baby Doll White Baby Doll Debate

*******THESE ARE JUST MY HUMBLE OPINIONS, BUT I WELCOME ALL COMMENTS. POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE**********

           I don't know about the rest of you but when it comes to my daughter playing with a baby doll, color ISN'T a factor to me. It honestly hurt's me to see & hear stories of African American people boasting & bragging about how they only buy Black dolls, figurines & action figures for their children. How can you have the nerve to practice ANY kind of racism, knowing the history of our people. Have you forgotten Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech? And I hate to be the bearer of bad news to you, BUT I never mind being the bad guy. When your precious little Pro Black militant in training goes to school, their going to play with Black, White, Asian, Mexican & every of other race that attend that school. Thank you Brown V. Board of Education for that. And not to mention the multiple races of toys that are on hand at any school. Now I fear that this behavior may stem from Kenneth & Mamie Clark's "Doll Study" Experiment of 1939 & 1940, where little black & white children were given black & white baby dolls & asked to pick the pretty one (among other questions). The majority of the kids chose the white dolls, including the black kids. Please dont let the bi-product of yesterday's ignorance, drastically influence your actions toward your child today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment